[orca-list] Update Re: Chromium: If you are having problems with Orca saying nothing....

Hi again.

So there seems to be potentially two things going on.:

1. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1062755
   Missing accessibility events for Chromium window activation if MATE
   is being used

   This might be a MATE bug. Things work as expected in GNOME. At least
   for me.

2. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1062863
   Regression: Incorrect state on Chrome/Chromium window in MATE causes
   Orca to not present items

   The behavior being seen here might be a side effect of the previous
   item. Again, we have the right state on the window in GNOME.

My colleagues will investigate. In the meantime, even though it's admittedly a drag, Alt+Tabbing out of the window and back into it just once seems to be sufficient to cause the missing events and states to be correct. At least for my MATE environment.

HTH and thanks, as always for all your help and testing!
--joanie