Re: [orca-list] off-topic: At a meeting, people say they hear the screen reader.

It is a good thing to check if the meeting software offers a "system sound" option and whether that's on.
I recall years ago testing zoom with a group and we were testing the various abilities to either send or
block screen readers to the group call.

This is assuming it's not, as the others here have mentioned, just making it into your mike via speakers.
I've seen some people manage to have one ear-piece for their screen reader and call in with a phone
separately-- a mobile phone on the other side of your face doesn't easily pick up something piped into an
ear-piece on the other side, but it does cause an issue of available hands.

cheers,
_mallory