Re: [orca-list] Word processing on Linux

Never having had one myself, I'm curious whether the RP supports system
bell. Can you get a beep on backspace? An alarm ping?

I ask because my latest machine doesn't, and I'm annoyed by that.

Best,

Janina

Orca screen reader developers writes:
Hi folks

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well during these strange and interesting
times.

I am in need of a word processor that can work with Word files.
Specifically, I need something that will open, edit and save these files,
.doc and .rtf. I know I can install Libre Office, but I would liketo know if
there is anything esle that might serve. I do not use these file formats
often but I have been sent these by a friend who wants me to work on them.

Any advice that the list can offer, would be greatly appreciated. I am using
Ubuntu Mate 20.04

Thank you

Best wishes

James