Re: [orca-list] Word processing on Linux

I use Markdown, or Org-mode, so I use Pandoc to convert from Word to Markdown and from Markdown to Word.
Devin Prater
r d t prater gmail com

Https://devinprater.github.io

On Jul 6, 2020, at 2:43 PM, James via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:

Hi folks

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well during these strange and interesting times.

I am in need of a word processor that can work with Word files. Specifically, I need something that will
open, edit and save these files, .doc and .rtf. I know I can install Libre Office, but I would liketo know
if there is anything esle that might serve. I do not use these file formats often but I have been sent
these by a friend who wants me to work on them.

Any advice that the list can offer, would be greatly appreciated. I am using Ubuntu Mate 20.04

Thank you

Best wishes

James