Re: [orca-list] Word processing on Linux

LibreOffice is the best I know. I recall something called catdoc and something else called antiword, but I think these are converters. If LibreOffice causes trouble for you, maybe Google Docs can help. Just go to it in your browser. That method has a different set of problems from LibreOffice, but if one fails, the other may work.

Usually I like to mention to my friends, family and associates that since 2010, even Microsoft Office can save files in ODT (Open Document Text) format, so pretty much anything can work with those files. But you would still need LibreOffice or Google Docs to edit them on Linux.

~Kyle