Re: [orca-list] Change made to flat review copy/append

Nolan Darilek aliandika:
Essentially, what I'm saying you'd do is:

1. Using flat review, navigate to the beginning of the text to copy.

2. Press a key, let's call it Orca-[, even though that's likely bound.

3. Use flat review to navigate to the end of the text to copy.

4. Press Orca-].

All text between these markers is now selected and maybe automatically copied.

Hmmm. This could be interesting, but it differs somewhat from what I'm used to doing in a web browser, a text editor, etc. In desktop applications that include select, cut, copy and paste, I am able to use shift+arrow keys to select a character or a line and shift+control+arrows to select a word or a paragraph. Something like this is more what I expect from screen readers that implement copying and pasting where it doesn't normally exist, though text mode screen readers do tend to implement a block oriented marking approach as you describe, so this could make sense in situations where standard selection methods don't work, especially terminals and non-selectable info/error pop-ups.

Imetumwa kutoka mwanaume