Re: [orca-list] Should Orca treat navigational bars as lists or not

Le 19/02/2020 à 11:40, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
So the question is: Are navbar lists really a list that should be navigated as a list or not?

If the answer is yes, then I think Orca should probably announce the list and the item count. But I can imagine hearing the navbar list item count being annoying to some users -- users who *do* want to hear the list and item count when arrowing into a "normal" list (i.e. one with bullets and numbers).  Related aside: It turns out that there are two lists in the navbar example Nolan provided. That might be a lot of chattiness for that navbar.... And thinking about this reaction, and the different nature of a navbar list from other lists in web content makes me question whether this should be treated as a list at all....

Anyway, let's see what other feedback we get.
You've convinced me. Indeed, this not useful to have those informations presented to the users. So l shouldn't move the user to the list item of the navbar.

Best regards.