Re: [orca-list] Should Orca treat navigational bars as lists or not

Speaking as a hand coder, I created a navbox for my website that is functionally a list, but I styled out the bullets so that it doesn't look to the seeing user like a list. My box starts at the top left and goes down, but I'm actually thinking of presenting it as a navbar across the top. That said, it is not at all my intention for a navbox/bar to be seen by any user as a list. It is for navigation purposes, not for counting things. Perhaps a screen  reader user may want to be able to navigate through items in the navbar list, but since these are links, he/she can do so using Orca's link navigation keys. Since navboxes/bars are usually at the top of the page, navigating to the top of the page first before navigating by links will usually ensure that Orca is reading navbar links as opposed to other types of information on the page. TL;DR, my opinion on this from a design perspective is not to treat a navbar as a list, even though lists are used in the layout of the navbar.

~Kyle