Re: [orca-list] Should Orca treat navigational bars as lists or not

Le 17/02/2020 à 20:09, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Hey all.

Changing the subject and seeking input on something Alex pointed out. Given a navigation bar of links at the top of a page, Orca doesn't present it as a list; it just presents the line of links. However, you can still use Orca's structural navigation (e.g. "l") to get to these lists.

Here's an example: https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.4/components/navbar/

Note that there are actually two lists in the navbar on that page.

Would you like Orca to:

1. Announce the number of items on the list before presenting each of
   the navbars on that line?
NVDA reads the whole line at ounce but indicate list with X items then at the end "end of list". I think this should be indicated but it could practical to switch to a specific list of items. I think we should do like NVDA. On NVDA pressing down arrow switches to the list first item then all item of the list, I think it's a good idea too. If advance users would like to quickly skip the list they could use "," (coma) to skip the list.

2. Prevent "l" (and "i") from treating those navbars as lists?
I don't think it's the philosophy of Orca to change the website behaviour.

3. Leave things as they are?
The current behaviour could leave user in confusion as they will switch to an unannounced list.

Best regards.