[orca-list] rdonly showing in braille

I've a python gtk app containing a textview widget used for displaying
some text. It's editable property is set to false. At the moment
"rdonly" is being shown in the braille output, I *think* on each text
line. I'd like to turn this off. As far as I can tell the settings for
editable in the text attributes tab of the orca preferences suggests
don't show in braille. Should that suppress showing this attribute? If
not is there a way I can turn off the message?
thanks in advance
Peter

--
Peter Rayner