Re: [orca-list] Programatically detecting if Orca is running

Hello,

#!/bin/sh
if [ "$(ps -C orca --no-headers)" != "" ]; then echo "Orca is running!"; fi

That a user has indicated somewhere that she would like to have Orca active doesn't imply that it is or even
can be.

Plenty or reasons can make this assumption wrong.

Further, there are plenty of ways to give this indication, and any test would most probably miss some of them.

Cheers,
Didier