Re: [orca-list] Programatically detecting if Orca is running

On 4/12/20 3:23 PM, Didier Spaier via orca-list wrote:

That a user has indicated somewhere that she would like to have Orca active doesn't imply that it is or even
can be.

That Orca isn't running is orthogonal to the fact that the user has indicated a desire to run a screen reader, which I'm determining how to honor. And again, I know how to check the process table for something matching the string "orca", but am specifically asking for other alternatives. Not trying to be pushy, but when I say "I'm not looking for X" and you give me X, that's not why I'm here. :)

Thanks.