[orca-list] Checking Wi-Fi signal in Gnome?

Hi everyone,

One of the little things that hacks me off about trying to use Gnome, is the fact that I cannot figure a quick way to check the Wi-Fi signal in the Graphical Environment. My laptop Wi-Fi does not work out of the box in any Distro I have tried so far, so have to install the RTL_WIFI drivers off of Github. Seeing that the drivers are built for more than my particular machine, I have to configure the driver. This cannot be done without looking at the signal you receive. In Mate it is easy, that is why I usually stick to it, but there are a few things that draws me to Gnome.

Please help?

--
Warm regards/Vriendelike groete/Herzliche GrĂ¼sse ,

Brandt Steenkamp

Sent from Thunderbird on Ubuntu Mate

Skype: brandt.steenkamp007

Twitter: brandtsteenkamp