[orca-list] BRLTTY with GNOME 3.34.1 and gdm

Interestingly, if I run gdm (on an up to date Arch Linux system with GNOME 3.34.1), BRLTTY reports "Screen not in text mode" both during login and at the desktop. The permissions of /etc/brltty.key are fine.

However, if I run GNOME from the console, braille works properly as expected.

Orca is also up to date from Git.

Can anyone else reproduce, or recommend alternative configurations? This used to work, so it's a regression somewhere.

At the console, I'm running GNOME via Wayland.