Re: [orca-list] Checking Wi-Fi signal in Gnome?

From the Activities overview, in the Top Bar, the System Menu has a wireless entry that shows whether a network is connected or not. This won't give the signal strength, however. For that, you may need to go to the terminal, as you can easily do within GNOME.

On 10/19/19 4:28 PM, Brandt Steenkamp via orca-list wrote:
Hi everyone,

One of the little things that hacks me off about trying to use Gnome, is the fact that I cannot figure a quick way to check the Wi-Fi signal in the Graphical Environment. My laptop Wi-Fi does not work out of the box in any Distro I have tried so far, so have to install the RTL_WIFI drivers off of Github. Seeing that the drivers are built for more than my particular machine, I have to configure the driver. This cannot be done without looking at the signal you receive. In Mate it is easy, that is why I usually stick to it, but there are a few things that draws me to Gnome.

Please help?