Re: [orca-list] Orca no longer announce the new folder we're into

Ok, that wasn't clear to me. Yes, I see what you're talking about now.

Here's what you want to report against Caja:

1. The name of the tree table should NOT be "list view". The fact that
   it's a tree table -- and not an icon pane -- tells you you're in a
   list view. Thus naming it "list view" is redundant information.

2. What you want to know is the name of what's being listed. Is it the
   "Desktop" list or the "Templates" list? Therefore, replace the "list
   view" with the name of the directory whose contents are being listed.

As a sighted user, one can look up above an see that you're in the "Templates" list from surrounding info like the window title and the push buttons immediately above the list. The problem is, there's no non-visual, obvious connection that Orca could use to reliably detect the following:

1. The tree table has a bad name (names are supposed to be localized)
2. A nearby push button or the window title is the name it should have

And even if Orca could do something like that, the solution would be extremely fragile. For example, if the Caja authors were to decide the title of the Window should say "Caja", Orca would then always report that you were in the "Caja" tree table. Or what if it tries to guess based on the buttons, but those buttons get hidden?

Hope this makes sense. And thanks in advance for reporting this Caja issue to the MATE developers.

--joanie