Re: [orca-list] Can Orca help with access to this crappy HTML?

Thanks, seems to work about as perfectly as I can expect! :) I appreciate the fix.

On 5/15/19 1:01 PM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey Nolan.

I brushed off my turd polisher just for you. <grins>

Using Orca master, you should now be able to do the following on the page in question:

1. See all the clickable items in the list of clickables dialog
2. Activate a given clickable via that dialog (be sure to press
   the Activate button rather than just move there)
3. Navigate amongst all of the clickables via A / Shift+A
4. Use Orca's click command to activate the current clickable (reminder,
   that's Caps Lock + 7 or KP Slash depending on your layout)
5. Hear all the clickables when arrowing within the table using caret
   navigation commands
6. Hear all the clickables when using cell navigation

Some notes on the page-specific interaction:

In the page in question, the first row ("admin") has a clickable in each cell with a checkbox displayed. When you click on these with the mouse, nothing happens. However there is an accessible click action for those items. I have no way of knowing via what's exposed to me that clicking on them won't actually do anything.

In contrast, clicking on any of the cells in the second row does do something. Initially it puts focus on the "enter new role" entry if there is not yet any text there.

Once there's text in the "enter new role" entry, clicking on the cells in the second row cause new stuff to appear beneath the table, but no widget in that new stuff claims focus. Only the "enter new role" entry loses focus. Yay. You just have to know the stuff is there and then arrow or Tab to it.

Anyhoo, with any luck this particular turd is sufficiently shined up to at least be moderately usable now.

Please let me know what you find. Thanks!
--joanie