Re: [orca-list] keyboard layout change to US English when I terminate Orca

I was not clear enough.

setxkbmap needs to be run before starting the desktop session to avoid this issue.

As an example here are the last lines of my ~/.xinitrc when using Mate:

-- cut here --
# Start the window manager:
if [ -x /usr/bin/ck-launch-session ]; then
        LAUNCH="ck-launch-session"
else
        LAUNCH=""
fi
if [ -x /usr/bin/dbus-launch ]; then
        LAUNCH="$LAUNCH dbus-launch"
fi
/usr/bin/setxkbmap
exec $LAUNCH /usr/bin/mate-session
-- cut here --

If I remove this line:
/usr/bin/setxkbmap

I have the same issue.

I keep it, I have no issue with the keyboard map when killing orca.

Didier