Re: [orca-list] how to install multiple Orca compatible desktop environments to The latest Ubuntu 64 bit edition

Hello,

sorry this will be at least half off topic.

Maybe try Slint?

It ships out of the ISO several desktop environments and login managers

To choose the desktop session you, as regular user:
didier[~]$ session-chooser
Usage: /usr/bin/session-chooser <desktop session>
Available desktop sessions:
LXDE
blackbox
fluxbox
mate
ssh
twm
wmaker
xfce
The session is currently set for didier to mate
didier[~]

KDE4 is also in the ISO, it can be optionally installed (but is almost non accessible).
TWM is not accessible, the most accessible is MATE

to choose the login manager, as root:
root[/home/didier]# login-chooser

Usage: login-chooser <login manager>
Available login managers:
 text lightdm lxdm gdm
Short descriptions:
text:    Login in text mode, in a console. From there, you
         can type "startx" to start a graphical session.
lightdm: Light Display Manager, accessible with speech.
lxdm:    LXDE Display Manager.
gdm:     GNOME Display Manager, fully accessible with speech.
Login is currently set to text mode.
root[/home/didier]#

If you accept to have speech during installation there is nothing
more to do: espekaup will start in console mode Orca in lightm
and gdm and the desktop environments.

In console mode you van choose espeakup, fenrir or speechd-up
as screen reader.

to know more: http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/doc/Accessibility/

Best,

Didier