Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 04:31:50
From: Willem van der Walt <wvdwalt csir co za>
To: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel panix com>
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] orca command-line configuration question,
    some success!

Hi Jude,
Thanks for the suggestion.
It unfortunately does not work.
When pressing alt-f1, it says:
"window"
When I then press 8 on the numpad, it says:
"image activities Fri 10 10 image image image image image"
Pressing f10 does nothing that I can detect.
When pressing alt-f2, I usually can type a command.
From there I tried running mate-menu and was rewarded with silence.
The same went for mate-terminal.
When running, I think, gnome-shell, I got a terminal prompt.
I am not sure as I also tried running gnome-terminal, but had no immediate
reaction.
in ~/.config/autostart, I have,m apart from the orca autostart file, only
ubuntu-mate-welcome.desktop.
Mostly, I need the gui to run firefox, and I will be able to do that now, but
I would prefer to fix up the thing properly.
Any ideas?
Regards, Willem