Re: [orca-list] How avoid display of warnings from orca (and maybe at-spi)?

Good guess. In at-spi2-core-2.31.1/atspiatspi-accessible.c:

/**
 * atspi_accessible_set_cache_mask:
 * @accessible: The #AtspiAccessible to operate on.  Must be the desktop or
 *             the root of an application.
 * @mask: An #AtspiCache specifying a bit mask of the types of data to cache.
 *
 * Sets the type of data to cache for accessibles.
 * If this is not set for an application or is reset to ATSPI_CACHE_UNDEFINED,
 * then the desktop's cache flag will be used.
 * If the desktop's cache flag is also undefined, then all possible data will
 * be cached.
 * This function is intended to work around bugs in toolkits where the proper
 * events are not raised / to aid in testing for such bugs.
 **/
void
atspi_accessible_set_cache_mask (AtspiAccessible *accessible, AtspiCache mask)
{
  g_return_if_fail (accessible != NULL);
  g_return_if_fail (accessible->parent.app != NULL);
  g_return_if_fail (accessible == accessible->parent.app->root);
  accessible->parent.app->cache = mask;
  enable_caching = TRUE;
}

In turn, g_return_if_gail is defined in glib2:
https://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/glib-Warnings-and-Assertions.html#g-return-if-fail

Unfortunately I don't have the skills to use dbg and find out what's wrong,
so I have no clue what do do to avoid this message.

As an aside, it would be best IMO if the devs could make such messages
optional, as e.g. you may or not write -Wall.

Best,

Didier