Re: [orca-list] How avoid display of warnings from orca (and maybe at-spi)?

On 1/23/19 4:20 PM, Didier Spaier wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have the skills to use dbg and find out what's wrong,
so I have no clue what do do to avoid this message.

Well, I think this is different from the problem solved by the patch you
attached in your response. There you were suppressing an initialization
confirmation message. The error in question is potentially for an
accessibility bug. I don't think we want that suppressed. It would be
like silencing a fire alarm. Ok, I exaggerate. :) But I hope you get
what I'm getting at: Avoiding the message should be done by fixing the
underlying problem (aka the "fire").

Having said all that, yes, I get that the error is annoying. Since, in
the course of development, I get that spew quite a bit. And if you get
it in the course of doing similar work, then I feel your pain. But in
terms of what end users get: I think many end users have Orca launch
automatically. Others launch it via shortcut (e.g. Alt+Super+S). And
from discussion on this list, I see mention of restarting/replacing Orca
via "orca --replace" in the session's run dialog. All three places
should be spew free. Granted, that's not perfect, but I do think that
the number of us "suffering" from this spew is relatively small.

FWIW.
--joanie