Re: [orca-list] Fwd: Please test Orca master with GNOME 3.28

Le 14/01/2019 à 14:48, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Regarding VLC: I saw a similar problem with terminator. I debated
whether or not to hack around it too (it's a different event being
emitted), but I decided against it.

Is it because it's more risky on Qt applications?

As a reminder: Ignoring important events based on a heuristic is very
fragile. If I get the hack wrong, it means that Orca won't present
potentially important things that screen readers are expected to
present. That would be bad. That doesn't seem worth it to prevent a bit
of chattiness that only occurs in very specific circumstances.

I can understand.

Furthermore, for those who find the chattiness so troublesome, there is
already a safe solution: Press Orca+S to toggle speech off, change the
volume or whatever via the keyboard, then press Orca+S to toggle speech
back on. No chattiness and Orca will continue to do the right thing in
other circumstances.

It's less user-friendly than just hearing the chattiness.

Best regards,
Alex.