Re: [orca-list] Likely bug with Office Writer, was: Re: More on submitting Orca bugs

Hey Christopher.

On 2/15/19 11:55 AM, Christopher Gilland via orca-list wrote:

Are you saying that what's occuring is, when I shift down arrow, the
second line of text saying item 2 wouldn't get selected, yet, when I
select that first line with item one, somehow, It's actually selecting
the bullet on line two as well,

Correct.

even though shift down arrow should only
select that one line of text from item 1?

While I would agree with you, the LibreOffice folks might consider that
a feature rather than a bug. Visually, what happens is this:

* Control+Home places you just to the left of the "i" in item1. In other
  words the caret is already past the bullet.
* Shift+Down selects one physical line of text, i.e. the start of the
  selection is where the caret is; the end of the selection is
  immediately below the caret. Thus everything is selected from "item1"
  up to, but not including the "i" in "item2". That includes the bullet.

Whether or not this is how it should be is a matter of debate. But if
you don't like it, file a bug against LibreOffice. Note that this is not
an accessibility issue; this is the behavior one gets without Orca
running; Orca merely presents what is going on.

If so, then, I think I'm starting to follow, and yeah, Nimer, you'd be
right if that's truely the case. This is starting to sound to me more
like a Writer bug mostly instead of Orca.

Well, what you were reporting initially *was* an Orca bug which I've now
fixed.

--joanie