Re: [orca-list] Matrix (was Re: Best application for making and receiving SIP (VoIP) calls?)

Peter Vágner via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:

In fact I was wrong by saying there is no SIP bridge for matrix this
morning.

Here you go, this VOIP bridge connects to free switch and looks decent:

Thanks. I am running FreeSWITCH on the server, so this would be an option. A
Web search suggests there may also be options for people who run Asterisk.

If the client side can be improved regarding accessibility with Orca, Linux
will have a very accessible solution in this area.

There's also a good article (currently subscriber-only) on lwn.net about
Matrix and the French government's interest in adopting it as a communication
solution.