Re: [orca-list] Matrix (was Re: Best application for making and receiving SIP (VoIP) calls?)

Hello,

In fact I was wrong by saying there is no SIP bridge for matrix this morning.

Here you go, this VOIP bridge connects to free switch and looks decent: https://github.com/kamax-matrix/matrix-appservice-voip

It's a bit rough atm because no client integration is available but incoming and outgoing calls are reportedly working fine.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 11. 2. 2019 o 17:14 Peter Vágner via orca-list napísal(a):
Hello,

A reference home server for matrix called synapse had improved its storage requirements by about 30 percent during last year.
For a private home server I don't think you should soon run out of space though.
I am running one for my-self since 2016.
I am frequently chatting in some 20 rooms or so. And a few random private conversations. Except of me there are three more users not as active as I am having accounts on the server.
The postgres database synapse is using has about 3GB so far.
As synapse has recently migrated from python2 to python3, ram usage has also decreased dramatically.
Mine takes about 1 or 1.5 GB of ram.
Not how much you are active is relevant though. How many other servers you are federating with and how much large rooms you and other users with accounts on the server have joined matters when considering these requirements.

I.d say raspberrypi 2 or raspberry 3 would be a good starting point for a small private home server.

For something better equipped I.d recommend 4 cores and at least 4 GB of ram.

If you like, please remind me where you are chatting these days and we can discuss it more.
If you like I can show how I'm using it or how it's working over here if you are not going to use some public home server.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa February 11, 2019 2:21:15 PM UTC používateľ Kyle via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> napísal:
Sorry this may go further off-topic. I have changed the subject line to reflect
this. Thanks for the update on Matrix. I do regard it as a status update, as I
haven't been following its development very much. At one point I had thought
about running my own server, but I was put off by what seemed at the time like
very high storage space requirements. Can you tell me if this has changed? I
currently have a 50GB volume minus the OS I can use for Matrix, or I could run
something from home from a fairly inexpensive 128GB SD card. Is this enough now,
or would it be better to upgrade my storage, or maybe get it running from my 3TB
spinning disk?
Imetumwa kutoka miti yangu
orca-list mailing list orca-list gnome org https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/orca-list Orca wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Orca Orca documentation: https://help.gnome.org/users/orca/stable/ GNOME Universal Access guide: https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/a11y.html Log bugs and feature requests at http://bugzilla.gnome.org

--
Odoslané z môjho Android zariadenia prostredníctvom K-9 Mail. Prosím, ospravedlňte moju stručnosť.