Re: [orca-list] Best application for making and receiving SIP (VoIP) calls?

Hello,

In my previous message I have concentrated too much on matrix and the fact I do like all the efforts surrounding it and I have completelly forgotten to reply on topic.

There is very advanced QT5 based SIP client written in python called blink at http://icanblink.com/ .

It supports contacts, groups, conferences, call waiting, audio, video, chat, encryption, screen sharing... meaning it can really help if you'd like to really make the most out of SIP and related technologies.

I am only using SIP for calling verry occasionally and about a year ago when I have tried this I must say I liked what I experienced.

As a follow up to my report there was little accessibility related fix properly reporting the name of active session at that time.

It appears it's still being updated in AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/blink/

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 11. 2. 2019 o 14:08 Jason White napísal(a):

Thank you – I wasn’t aware of the protocol, but it has now attracted my interest.

I did try Linphone. There are unlabeled buttons, and field labels in the account configuration dialogue that are not associated with their controls. I managed to set up an account; making a call is harder, as it isn’t clear which button to activate.

I plan to look at Matrix as well.