[orca-list] Some Slint questions

I have 2 questions on Slint.
How do I set and keep my sound volume for sound and speech?
I remembered typing alsamixer in a terminal and just using the arrow keys or the up arrow to rais the volume. Also I have done slapt-get --add-keys, slapt-get -u and slapt-get --upgrade but how do I update the Kernel? I thought it was something like slapt-get --update kernel or upgrade kernel but I either get a command not found or it reads out various slapt commands but not the one I need.
I am sure there are extra commands I need.
Also how do I add extra repositories as I think I maybe only able to get applications that only come on the Slint CD which might be why my search for packages may be limited.