Re: [orca-list] Possible Bug: Pre-testing of Orca with Chromium/Chrome

Hi, Joanie:

OK, finally getting back to you re Chromium and Orca crashing on
amazon.com. Try this page:

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-FANISY-Convert-Cellphone-More-Black/dp/B072QDJND6

Use whatever navigation, the skip link, plus another h, plus some
tabbing and eventually down arrows to get to the product description.

I focus on the line that reads:

Weduda Micro USB to USB C
Use left and right arrow, and also Ctrl=left-arrow and Ctrl+right-arrow
to examine that content. I was unfamiliar with the brand Weduda, and I
needed to ascertain the adaptor was adapting in the direction I needed,
i.e. a male Micro USB to female USB C.

Anyway, twice now I've completely crashed Chromium right at that point.
It takes a little back and forth, but it brings down the browser. Orca
is still loaded.

This does not happen with Firefox.

Admittedly, my installation is a tad dated ...

Orca-git compiled a couple weeks ago (on 30 November to be precise).

Chromium Version         : 80.0.3982.0.r720320-1

Firefox Version         : 70.0.1-3

This is on an Arch installation updated about the same time, 30
November. I'll be bringing things up to date after my final W3C telecon
later today.

PS: Still loving Chromium with Orca!

Janina

Joanmarie Diggs writes:
Hi Janina.

Since I don't have a Peapod.com account, but do have an Amazon account, it
would be helpful to have steps to reproduce the problem using Amazon.

Related aside: Chrome spawns quite a few threads. So I don't think that's
the source of the problem. I expect something else is going on. But in order
to debug it, I need to be able to reproduce it.

Thanks!
--joanie