[orca-list] Archive option not working

The archive option to save messages I want to keep for a while doesn't work when I press a on a message subject.
There are no folders under the archive folders.
It seems that all emails are sent to trash, delete or whatever and I have a folder called all.
I seem to get my mailboxes clogged up as I have 3 accounts.
This causes me to havw to run Thunderbird -p, delete my profile and relaunch Thunderbird after exiting the profile manager and have to re enter my accounts again.
How do I resolve this issues"