[orca-list] Kate editor accessibility

Howdy Joanie,

thanks for all your help in our efforts to make KDE accessible for us :).
i need your help once again. I want to make the most powerfull KDE Editor accessible as well. My mentor did the initial a11y implementation dated back in 2014. The team of F123 found 2 bugs we need to investigate. could you pin down what is the issues?

prepare:

1. install kate (KDE editor)
2. export same variables like did for the treeview expandable collapse issue
3. type in multible lines (with CRLF)
4. place cursor on first line.

Bug 1:

Reproduce:

Bug 1: Arrow up/ down will not interrupt orcas current speech output.
maybe it looks like to additional content to orca instead of an line navigation. So ctrl needs to been pressed after every line change to interrupt speech. can you check why orca is not interrupting here on line change.

Bug 2. After doing arrow up / down start to navigate by char (arrow left / right) orca does repeat the previous line once instead of just speak the char. this only happen once and directly after an line navigation (arrow up/ down).

do you understand what i mean? can you reproduce? can you tell me whats wrong here btw. what we need to do that it works?

cheers chrys