Re: [orca-list] text console use

Hi, Fernando:

I suspect you might need to be moe precise. WebRTC covers three separate
streams of communication, audio (voice), video, and text.

Doing text and voice with a cli app should be pretty straight forward.
Doing video is probably not so straight forward and reasonably begs the
question: "Why?" The gui environment provides far more native support
for two-way streaming video, so taking video to the cli requires a
compelling rationale, imo. I don't see one.

BTW: I believe the standard you'd want implemented is this one:

https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc/

I would further note that, while this W3C spec is for a browser, there's
no reason it can't be a single purpose, cli browser instance. Sometimes
on mobile platforms we now calls such applications apps--but that's
another discussion topic.

Janina

Fernando Botelho writes:
I looked for someone who could implement WebRTC on the console but could not
find anybody. I can look for funding again, if someone knows the right
person.

Fernando