Re: [orca-list] text console use

Funnily I would tend to ask the opposite question: why a blind person would need a graphical environment?

I know at least one blind Slint users who never use one.

I believe that most things done in a graphical environment can also be done in a console, often with a better
productivity. This stands for blind as well as sighted people.

A few examples: for writing you have a lot of text and code editors like nano, emacs and vim, mutt for
emails, lynx and links for web browsing, mplayer to listen to music, vlc to listen to movies, crafty to play
chess, games like freeswipe or scribble, the list goes on and on.

Actually the first personal computer I used nearly 40 years ago didn't have a graphical environment, maybe
that's why I am used to text mode.

Best,

Didier