Re: [orca-list] text console use

That depends entirely on where you get your computer from, Janina, and which OS it's running. Linux,
naturally, goes without saying you can dig under the hood so to speak and figure that out, but Mac/Windows
are locked down so you can't easily change those things.

I'd argue if anything you do need some level of technical knowledge. I grew up on DOS in the 80s/90s as well
and I still can recall the steps needed in autoexec.bat or config.sys and I have a passionate hatred of
autodetecting sound cards....mostly since they were extremely hardware specific. Not a shocker, but I did run
across some that'd lock the system, and don't get me started on memory under DOS with EMS and XMS and TSR and
everything else.....those were interesting times. I learned a lot with that, but I learned just as much
poking around in WIn95 at the time, when you could still reboot into DOS mode. I miss that about Windows.
THankfully....TTY exists on Linux.

I'd still argue though that too much system knowledge is a dual edged sword. Yes you could fix issues but
oyou could also cause more issues if you're too confident and dont know what you're tweaking.

Jace