Re: [orca-list] A web-based accessible graphing calculator. Hurray!

Hello,

This looks like a very accessible web app.
It's a great way on how to experience orca's MathML support I guess.

This calculator has so called expressions list. When I type an expression into one of the entries the expression is evaluated and orca reads it in full. Also as I'm pressing home and end keys it's reporting start / end of the expression. Is there a way to read such a MathML expression by members? For example just to test how this is working I have came up with a random expression like this
\frac{3}{4}\cdot\frac{1}{2}

When I navigate over the entry field in Firefox 62 by character (using left and right arrow keys) current fraction is often presented twice. Also the fraction is announced in full when I navigate to it however the bottom denominator does not appear to be reported to me. Orca just says after start fraction and then the whole fraction when navigating left to right and it is not reporting the bottom part of the fraction when navigating right to left.

Please excuse me for a dumb question. This is all very new to me so perhaps I first need to learn it properly. Still if you can I would appreciate some hints.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 24.05.2018 o 20:05 Joanmarie Diggs napísal(a):
Hey all.

I am currently at the week-long Web Accessibility of Mathematics
workshop at the American Institute of Mathematics. Just saw a demo of a
web-based accessible graphing calculator. It works with Orca. Hurray!!
https://www.desmos.com/calculator

Note that you'll probably want to toggle Orca's sticky focus mode on
when using it because when you use the application's command to exit the
entry and interact with the graph exploration utilities, the app gives
the focus to some nameless button and that triggers Orca to switch back
to browse mode. I've requested they add role="application" to the body
element (like Google Docs does) which would prevent Orca from bouncing
you out of focus mode. In the meantime, when I enabled sticky focus mode
in Orca, the calculator worked quite well. I'm curious what you all think.

Happy graphing!
--joanie