Från: Milos Przic
Skickat: den 28 maj 2018 18:51
Till: orca mailing list
Ämne: [orca-list] Installing eloquence

Hi all,

Many a beginner has asked such a question here, I imagine. Still, I would want to do the same, and please someone answer me, as that is also the way for me to learn how to install other things.

So I want to install eloquence. I downloaded it, unzipped and coppied it to an external drive. I launched Ubuntu from a usb and activated Orca. I connected the external drive, it got recognized of course, and I found the folder I needed. There were .gz file within it, I openned the one I wanted and there was the option to extract which I did. Then there was this install file which, when clicked on, asked me to install it as a rute. I red the readme file which said the same thing. What does it ean? I tried pasting the command from the readme into the terminal and it didn't work.

What to do? Is it at all posible to install it on the Ubuntu which is run from a usb disk and not installed first?

Thanks to everyone in advance, and best regards!

          Miloš