Re: [orca-list] aria-label on links not read by Orca

Le 29/03/2018 à 18:13, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Orca should now present the label when speaking the link. Note that I
have not yet changed the braille behavior or the caret navigation. So if
you do something like:

I can confirm that it works in master, thanks a lot.

The flat review produces a strange result: on my initial test case. When I move between words, at the end of the page it reads words from the previous page. Let me know if you're able to reproduce this behavior or if I should provide you a debug log.

Tabbing to the link should result in "foo" being spoken. But you cannot
arrow amongst the characters f o o because those characters are not on
the screen and Orca does not have any sort of virtual buffer. So you
have a choice:

1. I can leave things the way they are (you can navigate amongst "What
    sighted users can see"), or

2. I can make textual links which have aria-label work more like images
    (i.e. prevent navigation in "what sighted users can see", which is
    the case if you had an image link which displayed a graphic with
    those words in it).

Which would you like me to do?

It's a good question. I must think about it and contact the web accessibility expert I know and Mozilla a11y team.

I'll come back to you.

Best regards,
Alex.