Re: [orca-list] How to write extension for ibus input method?

Hey Cameron.

On 03/27/2018 02:53 AM, Cameron Wong wrote:

I have tested the latest code. It works. I think the experience is
acceptable although removing the trailing number is better.

Given that it's on the screen and also indicates the number you can push
for that item, I personally don't think Orca should remove that
information. Furthermore, like you had said, Orca has no way of telling
that you're in an ibus input method panel.

In future better way of customization, I am still interested in the way
of writing a script for ibus-pinyin. I am not sure whether this is a
framework issue that there is no way to know whose parent the panel is.

Orca's scripts work by knowing what you're in. Without knowing the
(correct) parent and without having unique roles, writing an ibus-pinyin
script is going to be challenging.
I move cursor on 6th to 10th candidate characters, it reads 1st to 5th
candidate characters actually. It seems always reads the first page of
the panel.

Confirmed and should be fixed in master. That panel reuses the same
accessible objects and AT-SPI2's cache is not getting updated so it is
telling Orca the old characters are still there. Clearing AT-SPI2's
cache fixed that.

Second, after a few times navigation on ibus panel, Orca become silence
totally. Press SUPER+ALT+S twice to restart Orca doesn't work. I need to
reboot the system to make Orca work again. It seems Orca enter some
abnormal state.

Yikes. Are there concrete steps I could use to reproduce this? Or is it
just a random thing? If the latter, could you try to capture a full
debug.out for me? https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Orca/Debugging

Thanks again!
--joanie