Re: [orca-list] How to write extension for ibus input method?

Thanks joanie!

Yikes. Are there concrete steps I could use to reproduce this? Or is it
just a random thing? If the latter, could you try to capture a full
debug.out for me? https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Orca/Debugging

I will try to find the concrete steps to reproduce the issue later. I just thought you will encouter the issue too because I got the issue several times with only a few operation.

>> I have hacked ibus package to call speech dispatcher to achieve my
>> purpose directly in Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04

>Are you saying that speech-dispatcher has entries with the descriptions
>in them? Or that your hack included the descriptions you wanted spoken
>and your hack told speech-dispatcher to speak your descriptions?

I suddenly remember that I haven't reply question above before I go to bed. I hacked ibus. In the refreshing event handler of ibus panel, I called spd_say to speak description of the highlighted character. At that time, Orca speak nothing about ibus panel, so it works. But now I can't make ibus and Orca speak at the same time.

Cameron