Re: [orca-list] accessibility of snapt packages?

hi

Snap packages are, I believe, completely inaccessible to orca. This should, in theory be fixable bby hooking up snapd to at-spi, atk, etc, which so far doesn't seem to be done. Snap packages get access to the resources they need except accessibility services, I think. I'm not absolutely positive about this, but I download a snap version of firefox, and it was a blank window called "firefox", so orca doesn't seem to be able to see it, and firefox is very much accessible. I wonder if the ubuntu guys would fix this, or if joanie could work on it when she has time? There's no hurry, but the snap store is, well, a sort of app store for linux, with the advantage of running on just about every linux distro. The one bad thing about them is that the majority of software in the so called snap store is proprietary, but for people who absolutely have to have these programs it's an option, as long as those apps are accessible. I like the idea of snaps honestly, it bridges the gap for people who refuse to use open source apps for things, or where there are no open source apps for things, like skype and telegram, and spotify. Plus, gnome software handles them just as wel as they handle any other app.With this added to fwupdmgr and fwupdate, we can do things other platforms cannot out of the box. If they can, they require vender specific apps to do so and I'll shut up now.

Thanks

Kendell Clark