Re: [orca-list] Orca does not start in the Ubuntu 17.10.1 installation wizard

Yes, that is true. I assume Canonical is leaving Ubuntu accessibility up to the Ubuntu community.

On 03/12/2018 09:30 PM, Andy B. wrote:
What are their plans for keeping up with accessibility? If I remember, he posted some time last year
mentioning he wanted to follow after personal goals of which he never had a chance to work on.

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list <orca-list-bounces gnome org> On Behalf Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 10:16 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Orca does not start in the Ubuntu 17.10.1 installation wizard

I don't believe Luke was actual fired, although he was let go by canonical. This was part of a greater change
in direction for Canonical and it's support of open source packages. I point this out because in the US,
being fired carries some negative connotation, such as you did something as an employee to deserve being let
go. Like I said, I don't think this was the case for Luke.