Re: [orca-list] Mouse review: On Mate, Orca doesn't read notification area of top bar

Hi Alex.

Confirmed. But did you explore the top bar in Accerciser? When I do, I
see an accessible called "Top Panel" which has the menu bar (with
children with accessible names), and all the icons/launchers (with
accessible names). But the notification area and clock in Accerciser
each show up as a panel (no name) whose child is a panel (no name) whose
child is a panel (no name). I don't see anything Orca can use to be able
to announce those things.

Please file a bug against MATE Panel to get those items properly exposed.

Thanks!
--joanie