Re: [orca-list] In Orca 3.28, I cannot turn off some messages

Hi Joanie and Vojtěch,

I just tried in Ubuntu 18.04 (Gnome) in a VM and get the same behavior
(also Orca 2.28.0)

If I check or un check options, confirm then click OK, then bring up
again the preferences GUI again, the changes I made didn't hold.

Probably related: doing a "find -mmin -1" in ~  after having changed
something gives:
./config/dconf
.config/dconf/user

However if I type dconf-editor I just get a message under
/org/gnome/orca/active/profile beginning with:
"No schema available"

That's all i know and I can't compare with Slint as there these settings
are not in a dconf database, rather in
~/local/share/orca/user-settings.conf

Anyway yes, this looks very much like an upstream bug.

However, sorry but I am not an Ubuntu user, so please someone reading
this check that the upstream version works in Ubuntu 18.04 and file a
bug on the Ubuntu bug tracker.

Best regards,

Didier