Re: [orca-list] No sound with GUI under Debian stable (MATE) under VBox 5.27+

No, no, no. There's a much simpler solution to this conundrum.

Get a USB sound card--or even two. Use one for Speakup, use another for
Orca and Speech-Dispatcher, and if you get a third one, let it play
stuff you actually want to listen to apart from your chattering screen
readers.

I've taken this to another level myself by putting a Mackie 1202 audio
mixer on my desk. While that's very handy, you don't need to go that far
to make multiple devices work.

Of course, that's a bit cumbersome on a laptop, so you have to
investigate ways to make espeakup and speech-dispatcher behave. It's
possible, not always easy.

Janina