Re: [orca-list] No sound with GUI under Debian stable (MATE) under VBox 5.27+

Le 27/02/2018 à 23:27, James a écrit :
I have  tried to ensure that Orca is running and according to the Debian manual,  if installed with Speakup, Orca should start when the GUI loads. Are there different sound drivers for the CLI and GUI?

No, it's a conflict between speakup and Orca. You should disable speakup at startup to avoid this issue.

You should run this command as root:
systemctl disable espeakup

And reboot your computer, tell me if it fix your issue.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager