Re: [orca-list] Unity top pannel not completely accessible in orca 3.23.91

Le 06/02/2018 à 14:47, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Regarding the patch for Unity, it's mostly a hack to work around bugs in
accessibility support that really should be fixed in Unity itself --
something I told Luke at the time. My opinion hasn't changed.

What has changed is that Unity is dead:
https://insights.ubuntu.com/2017/04/05/growing-ubuntu-for-cloud-and-iot-rather-than-phone-and-convergence/

What has also changed, as I understand it, is that Canonical laid off
the one person who seemed to be doing anything to work around the
accessibility issues in their products. Instead, they filed a bug
providing the hack so that I could maintain support for their
discontinued product and its accessibility bugs.

I understand. Maybe it could be great to tell this on bugzilla because I suspect Jeremy Bicha is not aware of that.

If Hypra, or anyone else, would like to make that hack available to
Ubuntu users who prefer to use Unity instead of GNOME Shell or MATE,
feel free to do so. I do not intend to include it in upstream Orca. Sorry!

Hypra doesn't take care of Unity. I just answer to Krishnakant to explain him the current situation.

Best regards.