Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 07:14:19
From: Devin Prater via orca-list <orca-list gnome org>
To: orca-list <orca-list gnome org>
Subject: [orca-list] State of Antergos accessibility

Hi all. Yesterday, I tried out Antergos, a bistro based on Arch. Firstly, Orca is included in the live
image. The installer comes up after booting, pressing down arrow to live image and pressing enter, and
pressing alt+super+S for Orca. The installer is okay, with only the previous and Next buttons being
unlabeled, but in the place you?d expect them to be. There is an ?accessibility? group of packages. On
reboot, however, Orca does not come up talking on the log in screen, and cannot be toggled on with
Alt+Super+s. Are there any distress that have this feature besides Vinux, which is years old, where Orca at
least comes up on the log in screen if it is used within the installer? Anyways, I find Antergos just
frustrating enough to not be able to recommend it. I suppose I?ll just slink back to Fedora instead.