Re: [orca-list] OT: Two questions (Mate Q and picking a forum software)

LOL someone using Microsoft software that will become inaccessible once they drop support for the old version I think by the end of the year at the latest told you that MATE is no longer accessible. Hehahehahehahehahehahehahehaheha! sorry I just had to laugh at that one. OK time to breathe. The real truth is that MATE now uses GTK3, which makes it more accessible now than it ever was when it was still using GTK2. I run the latest version here, and have actually had little to no trouble with it since 2014 or so, and this version is no exception. It just gets better and better, all while keeping the same look and feel I remember from GNOME2, which I liked the best out of all desktop interfaces I've tried over the years.

Now for the forum software. Take a look at the forum on rockbox.org. I believe it still uses Simple Machines. I haven't tried to install it, but its interface is certainly one of the least cluttered. Accessibility isn't bad either. That said, PHPBB is very widely used and has a lot of community support. You may have better luck with PHPBB, just owing to the fact that more people use it, but I really like the look and feel of Simple Machines personally.

Imetumwa kutoka tovuti yangu