Re: [orca-list] Lightdm/getting Orca to speak

Hello Jace and Alex,

Three possible workarounds:

1) Set the audio back-end of speech-dispatcher to  alsa instead of pulse. Yeah I know, that's not the
Debian/Ubuntu way ;)
2) Write in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf a line under "[Seat:*]" to kill pulseaudioat the end of a session.
Either:
session-cleanup-script=su -c "pulseaudio -k"  $USER
Or (more drastic...):
session-cleanup-script=killall pulseaudio
3) If allowed in Debian/Ubuntu, do not start pulseaudio when opening the session but only when a client
requests it (like speech-dispatcher in your case), and stop it as soon as the all clients quit. To that aim
set:
a) In client.conf:
autospawn = yes
b) In daemon.conf: