Re: [orca-list] Nautilus slowness update #2 (was update #1)

Hello,

Yet another point prompts some feetback...

Dňa 25.04.2018 o 11:48 Peter Vágner napísal(a):
Dňa 25.04.2018 o 01:34 Joanmarie Diggs napísal(a):

- In the nautilus preferences window there are some unlabeled controls
e.g. three comboboxes on the View tab that allow displaying extra
details for files in the icons view.
Confirmed. Needs to be fixed in Nautilus. Will try to get to that tomorrow.

I haven't looked to this my-self yet however if this is just setting some label-for or labelled-by properties in an UI file, I might try doing that in order to free you of too much nautilus if it might be helpfull.
I've a patch like this against nautilus master: https://privatebin.net/?d0b39cddf3fc5b06#jyli3D8eGwkJecXFFATUDcbentVP3hVeeBjaOdsdzB8=
It fixes labeling of these comboboxes.
However in order to make the nautilus preference window really rock in terms of accessibility it would be nice to somehow associate labels to their parent boxes in a similar way GTK frames are used in the orca screen reader preferences window. Might it be doable without affecting nautilus appearance? Do you understand what am I looking for? I'd be happy to create a similar experience we can get when using tab and shift+tab key to navigate in the orca screen reader preferences window where frames and corresponding labels inside are presented as labelled pannels as a part of current focus ancestry when navigated to with orca running.

Thanks and greetings

Peter